Friday, April 17, 2009

Creative Stress Relief

My day job as a grantwriter can be very stressful at times, especially with many grants due at the same deadline. When I tell people whom I work with that I design and sell jewelry some say they do not know how I am able to do so much. Personally, I don't know how I would survive if I did not have this creative outlet. I suppose it is the right brain vs left brain concept. It is so soothing to work with the luscious gemstones and very gratifying to create something beautiful for others to enjoy and wear. Someone said to me today that wearing my jewelry was their stress reliever. I had never thought about it like that before, that using my creativity could make another person's life more pleasant. That really makes me smile inside :)

No comments:

Post a Comment